Sunday, 19 July 2020, 13:30 – 17:30
Monte F. Hancock (short bio)
4Digital, Inc., USA
Rapidly equip participants with a working foundation in data science and machine learning vocabulary and methods that will enable them to obtain maximum benefit from their conference participation.
- Data and Information: Theory and Practice (focus on machine learning methods)
- Data Conditioning: numeric, categorical, and textual
- Feature Extraction and Enhancement
- Data Visualization in dimensions high and low
- Data science methods for detection, characterization, and exploitation of actionable patterns in data
- Selection & construction of predictive models (focus on neural networks & heuristic systems)
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Data Mining… mistakes that lead to DM project FAILURE
All participants receive free software tools and data sets used in the tutorial.